Crossings with No Traffic Control
Independent travelers who are visually impaired need to be able to analyze situations at crossings where there is no traffic control, including recognizing when they don’t have enough warning of approaching vehicles ("Situations of Uncertainty"). This software provides simulation experiences and information that can help instructors teach students to analyze these situations.
Student content is narrated throughout the software; instructor content is not read aloud. Instructors will take an active role in their students' learning, providing direct supervision and dynamic engagement. The product will include additional hardware to aid in this effort.
- Flash drive containing software
- Two sets of headphones
- Software User's Guide and Instructor's Manual
- Essential Concepts
- Recognizing Situations of Uncertainty (auditory modules)
- Recognizing Situations of Uncertainty (visual modules)
- What to Do in a Situation of Uncertainty
- Let's Take This Show on the Road: Teaching Students to Apply Skills in Real-Life Settings
Important Notice About Liability The American Printing House for the Blind and Dona Sauerburger, COMS, offer orientation and mobility specialists this product to help students learn the concepts and skills necessary to analyze and negotiate crossings that have no traffic control. Before using this product with students, instructors must read the first section in Chapter One: "How to Use this Product."
Note: This software contains a self-updating feature that activates automatically once connected to the internet.
- Dona Sauerburger