JAWS - ZoomText - MAGic Suite
For each license purchased, customers may choose to install any combination of these programs:
- JAWS® (Job Access With Speech) is the world’s most popular screen reader software and it features optional braille output.
- ZoomText® Magnifier/Reader enlarges and enhances everything on your computer screen, echoes your typing and essential program activity, and automatically reads documents, web pages, email.
- ZoomText® Fusion Home provides the best of both worlds – ZoomText, with its screen magnification and visual enhancements, coupled with the power and speed of JAWS® for screen reading functionality.
- MAGic® Screen Magnification Software is a screen magnification and screen reading solution. Whether you are surfing the web, creating a document, emailing, or engaging in social networking, MAGic provides you the tools you need to work more efficiently.
NOTE: This software suite is available to All APH customers, including non-Quota customers!
For Customers Who Purchased the Previous “JAWS® and MAGic® Student Edition” Subscriptions
Customers with existing subscriptions to the previous JAWS and MAGic Student Edition may add ZoomText or Fusion to their subscription at no additional charge!
Please visit Freedomscientific.com to download ZoomText or Fusion: http://www.freedomscientific.com/downloads
After installing the software of your choice, use your existing subscription information to enable the software.
JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite Includes
- Any combination of the above three applications, plus the combination ZoomText Fusion Home
- Access to the latest versions with updates
- Up to three installations on computers the student accesses at school or home, with additional resets available at no charge
- Tandem function for remote help by teachers or support staff
- VFO phone support, training materials, and webinars
Software can be installed on all versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012. For more information on installation and support please see http://tech.aph.org/jfw/
Quota Ordering Instructions: Please click the Additional Product Information link below. Cost: $300 per license.
- JAWS® – ZoomText® – MAGic® Suite is distributed only by the American Printing House for the Blind for Quota purchases.
- Federal Quota funds can be used in the U.S. to purchase from APH for eligible students.
- Software can be purchased from APH with non-Quota funds (such as state funds or a credit card), if desired. Sold by APH in the U.S. and Canada.
Purchasing Instructions Using Quota Funds
- Ordering: Ex Officio Trustees can submit a signed Quota order to APH by fax or mail. The order can be for one or more JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite one-year subscriptions. Please provide APH with a contact person’s email address and telephone number on your Federal Quota order. Note: JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite cannot be ordered directly via shop.aph.org
- Receiving: APH will then email you a Serial Number and Authorization Code for each JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscription that you order. You will also receive a hard copy confirmation of each Serial Number and Authorization Code printed on the invoice that APH mails to you.
- Distribution: EOTs are responsible for distributing the Serial Numbers and Authorization Codes to those teachers or others in their states who have ordered JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions on Quota.
- Renewals: EOTs are responsible for ordering annual renewals when needed by each student. A countdown built into the software lets the user know the days remaining in the annual subscription.
- How to Install: The email you receive will also contain links to the VFO website. These links allow you to download any combination of JAWS, ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, ZoomText Fusion Home, or MAGic for each student. For more information on installation and support please see tech.aph.org/jfw
Installation and Licensing Terms
- 12-month period begins from the date of the first device authorization.
- Subscription includes three authorizations and resets on request.
- A countdown in the software lets the user know the days remaining in the annual subscription.
- A new serial number will be issued for each yearly subscription and each serial number will have a one-year life from the date the first key is installed on a device. Three keys will be available to each student so they can install software on computers at school and home.
- Subscriptions are registered in the student’s name each year, and the subscription travels with the student if he or she changes schools. Note:Please be certain to register each serial number in the name of the student, not the name of the teacher.
- After four years of annual subscriptions registered to the student:
- No cost to school or parent for the Home Edition
- Technical support directly from VFO included
- Service Maintenance Agreement (SMA) included to cover the student for the remainder of their K-12 education
- Note: The four years of subscriptions do not need to be contiguous for the student to qualify for the Home Edition License.
- Note:If students wish to continue using JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite if they leave high school before the four-year
subscription period ends, they are required to purchase the remainder of the license.
After the Student Graduates from Grade 12
- Student can contact VFO to enter the SMA program for their existing Student Access Suite license
- Current cost for the Home Edition SMA is $120 for two years
- Note: The Home Edition SMA must be purchased with non-Quota funds
Note: The Home Edition SMA is not available with Federal Quota funds.
Example Subscription for a 4th Grade Student
Students who are added to the subscription package in fourth grade would, after four years, have a license and all benefits, including updates, transferred to them for continued use until they leave high school, for free. At that time, they may continue to use the software, but they will be required to pay for the SMA to continue receiving updates and additional benefits.
JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite Subscription After Grade 12
Students may transition to the Home Edition Service Maintenance Agreement (SMA) AFTER purchasing four years of JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions at $300 per year. After four years of Student subscriptions, the student license will turn into fully-licensed JAWS, ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, ZoomText Fusion Home, or MAGic Home Editions. If a student is in the latter part of his or her elementary school work, he or she may continue to purchase JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscriptions even after graduating from grade 12, as long as the subscription is started while the student is working at grade 12 or under.
Example of Transitioning a Subscription After Grade 12
The first year of a JAWS – ZoomText – MAGic Suite subscription is purchased for a student in grade 12 for $300 (the first year can be purchased either using Quota funds or non-Quota funds). When the student graduates from high school, the second year of the four-year subscription MUST be purchased for the student for $300, but ONLY with non-Quota funds. In this example, a college-bound student would use non-Quota funds to purchase the second year for $300 as a college freshman, the third year for $300 as sophomore, and the fourth year for $300 as a junior. As a college senior, he or she can then opt to transition to the SMA for $120 for two years.