Money Handling and Budgeting
This resource guide, along with an adapted practice checkbook helps students learn vital money handling skills.
Money Handling and Budgeting is a collection of techniques and resources for teaching adolescents or young adults, who are blind and visually impaired, the skills necessary to manage money in daily life. This guide is based on the premise that daily living skills must be learned in natural settings and with real-life applications whenever possible.
Addresses These Topics:
• Coin and bill identification
• Counting money and making change
• Basic employment strategies
• Banking skills (e.g., paying bills, acquiring loans, using savings accounts, etc.)
• Handling money in simulated and actual daily living situations
- Age Range:
- 11 and Up