Improved Version 2 Based on User Feedback!
The well-loved classic Perkins Brailler® has been reimagined, retaining all the attributes that make it the most widely used braillewriter in the world. The completely new Perkins-APH Brailler adds many new features that make it more portable and easier to use.
The Perkins-APH Brailler is designed to be quieter, lighter, and more comfortable for brailling. It includes functions that YOU asked for: a built-in eraser, a way to read the page easily while writing, a shorter keystroke requiring less force, and margin guides on the front.
And there’s more... the Perkins-APH Brailler features a sleek design with tactile elements, environmentally-friendly materials, and is APH Blue. The brailler has an Easy-Grip handle and accommodates standard 8 1/2 inch wide paper.
- Paper feed mechanism is improved for easier, more stable paper loading
- Sturdier carriage button resists breakage
- Line spacer made of stronger steel to withstand greater pressure
- Mechanical improvements to back spacer to ensure better functionality
- More robust margin guides for smoother movement
- Housing constructed of reformulated, more resilient material
- Lighter and smaller: Easier to hold and carry
- Quieter: The keystroke noise is reduced, end-of-line bell is audible but muted
- Gentle Touch Keys: Less force required, keys are lower and easier to reach
- Easy-Erase Button: Push to erase an entire braille cell
- Easy-Grip Handle: The Brailler base is also a handle
- Reading Rest: The back panel can be raised to provide a flat surface for reading the page
- Front Panel Margin Guides: Easily accessible; no more reaching around the back
- Highly Durable: Metal inner frame and parts, high-impact polycarbonate shell
- Paper-Feed Knobs: Easier to hold and turn
- High contrast colors: Between keys and Brailler body for low vision users
- Environmentally-Friendly: Uses less oil and recyclable plastic
- Sleek design: With tactile-friendly materials
- One-year limited warranty
• Introduction to the Perkins-APH Brailler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5jIQepOuM
• IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON USING THE PERKINS-APH BRAILLER: Quick Start Instructions: It's Different than the Classic! http://www.aph.org/products/brailler/index.htm
- Age Range:
- 3 and Up
- Weight: 25% lighter than the Classic Perkins Brailler
- Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 6 inches
- Paper Size: 8 1/2 x 11 inches (max. 8 1/2 x 14inches), 28 cells