Reach and Match Learning Kit and Inclusive Learning Program
An innovative system for students with sensory impairment and other special needs to learn and engage with their peers.
The Reach & Match® Learning Kit provides toddler training for manual dexterity and identifying tactile patterns. It provides pre-schoolers with braille and print learning, motor development, direction, and spacial awareness training. Originally created for children with BVI, a preliminary review revealed that children with autism also enjoy playing and learning with Reach & Match.
For more information, testimonials, and media please visit the Reach and Match website: http://www.reachandmatch.com/
Student development theorist, Lev Vygotsky encouraged the importance of relationships and interactions between students and more knowledgeable peers and adults. He believed that a student’s cognitive understandings were enriched and deepened when they were "scaffold" by a parent, teachers, or peers.
- 4 large double-sided sensory mats
- 26 double-sided braille & print blocks
- 1 round cushion
- 1 carrying bag
- 1 Reach & Match Inclusive Learning Program
The 26 blocks include:
- Seven white and red round tiles with the letters A through G. The texture on the red side is similar to grains of rice. The tactile marking is four raised circles.
- Seven white and blue triangle tiles with the letters H through N. The texture on the blue side is similar to brick on a building. The tactile marking is three parallel S curves.
- Six white and green square tiles with the letters O through T. The texture on the green side is similar to brick on a building and the tactile marking is five, thin parallel straight lines.
- Six white and yellow pentagon tiles with the letters U through Z. The texture on the yellow side is similar to grains of rice. The tactile marking is three thick parallel lines with rounded corners.