Verbal View of Windows XP - ON SALE
Verbal View from APH is a series of comprehensive tutorials covering a variety of computer software topics designed for students and professionals who are visually impaired and blind.
Learn to use Windows XP with this comprehensive tutorial designed for students and professionals. Unlike most computer tutorials which assume a familiarity with Windows graphics and mouse techniques, Verbal View™ of Windows® XP is written for the keyboard user who is blind or visually impaired.
- Covers nearly every aspect of Windows XP, with extensive verbal descriptions of features and programs
- Simple enough for the first-time computer user
- Technical terms are kept to a minimum
- Graphic components are verbally described with examples and comparisons to everyday items
- Keyboard and keyboard shortcuts are emphasized
- Single keyboard command introduced per chapter for easy review
- Tutorial is in DAISY 3.0 full-text, full-audio format and is accessed through APH's special DAISY reading program, Book Wizard Reader™
Note: The Verbal View Software Tutorial Series emphasizes the use of the keyboard. Some of the topics omitted from most books are discussed at length because they greatly benefit blind users.
On Sale! Original Price $50.00. Available while supplies last.
Running Verbal View Tutorials
Verbal View tutorials each come on a CD-ROM with files in the following formats: DAISY 3.0 full-text, full-audio format, Microsoft Word, HTML, contracted braille file, and text file.
The DAISY version plays on any Digital Talking Book (DTB) player that supports DAISY 3.0, including APH's Book Port Plus, BookSense Pocket, Victor Reader Stream, and the National Library Service DTB player. The CD-ROM includes APH's Book Wizard Reader software that you may use to read the DAISY versions of the tutorial on a Windows PC.
Requirements to Run Book Wizard Reader:
- PC-compatible computer running at least Windows 2000 or later
- 10 MB disk space
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Sound card and speakers
- CD-ROM drive