CVI Complexity Sequences Kit
Image sequences on cards for use by students with CVI who have had success with 2-dimensional materials.
APH's CVI Complexity Sequences Kit includes cards that present sequences of images designed to refine the ability to identify a target in the presence of increasing amounts of background information. These cards may be used individually or as a sequence and should be presented against a black or plain, light-absorbing background.
An important tool for use by
- Parents of children with Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Teachers of visually impaired students (TVIs)
- Instructors of TVIs
Designed to assist individuals with CVI improve their ability to:
- Recognize or identify simple, colored, 2-dimensional images presented in isolation
- Recognize or identify images presented with increasing numbers of background elements
- Identify a key image based on the salient features of that image
- Recognize or identify images presented in a variety of locations and with increasing numbers of background elements
- Ten sets of eight Sequence Cards stored in vinyl pouches
- Blackout window to isolate the target image
- Guidebook in large print and on CD in brf, html, dtb, and text file formats
- Three-ring binder
Note: Braille Guidebook available separately.
Sequence Cards Available in Your Web Browser!
Customers who have purchased the CVI Complexity Sequences Kit can now utilize all 80 of the images in digital format in their web browser!* Please go to: http://tech.aph.org/cvi.htm
This link is also available on the APH CVI website, http://tech.aph.org/cvi/?page_id=1713
- For your convenience and teaching use, the images are accessible using your browser on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet computer, or smartphone.
- Each image appears individually on a white background in your browser window.
- On-screen buttons allow you to navigate from image to image and from image set to image set, both forward and backward.
*Note: We do not recommend that you use these images with students unless you are following the protocols described in the Guidebook that accompanies the CVI Complexity Sequences Kit.
RELATED READING LINK: Scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Grade Level:
- P and Up
Note: This link will navigate you away from the APH shopping site.