Draw2Measure Protractor App for iOS Devices
Draw2Measure Protractor for iOS® devices is designed for students who are blind and visually impaired, and can be used by sighted students too! It gives all students an alternative way to measure angles, thus meeting students' diverse needs in math and science classrooms. Works with devices running iOS 8 or later.
First, students can place an angle over the screen of a device, such as a phone or tablet, and trace along the sides of the angle with a fingertip or stylus. The app records the locations of the sides and then calculates the angle.
For objects that may not fit on a screen, students can find measurements by rotating the device itself, which utilizes the built-in gyroscope sensor to measure the angle.
- Enhanced accessibility: designed for sighted students as well as students with low vision or blindness
- Allows students to measure angles by tracing the sides rather than reading measurements as with a traditional protractor
- Reports angle measurements in both degrees and radians
- Includes detailed instructions and a link to a demonstration video
- Free of charge on the App Store® online store!
Watch a short YouTube video to see the Draw2Measure app in action!
Draw2Measure Protractor for iOS devices: FREE OF CHARGE!
Note: Draw2Measure is a free download from the Apple App Store. It cannot be downloaded directly from APH.
Available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/draw2measure-protractor/id1097557700?mt=8
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.