Slapstack Math (for iOS Devices)
Slapstack Math™ is fully accessible for users who are blind, visually impaired, or typically sighted. The goal is to collect the most points by pulling in the most cards. Two to eight players can play on the iPad®, or two to four players on the iPhone®.
How to Play: When the game starts, cards with single numbers are dealt and announced. At first, the only rule is to slap the table when an 11 comes up on the screen. The first player to slap the table gets to claim all the cards that have been dealt up to that time.
You may want to add more rules – for example, players have to raise their arms and yell “Whee!” when an 8 comes up, and clap their hands when a 3 appears (and still slap the table on 11’s). You may add as many new rules as you want, making the game a little crazier each time.
The real challenge with Slapstack Math comes when you change the single number cards to math flash cards. Choose one of the following game variations:
- Addition – displays addition problems with sums from 2-12.
- Subtraction – subtraction problems with differences from 1-11.
- Multiplication – multiplication problems with products from 1-12.
- Division – division problems, using numbers up to 24, with quotients from 1-12.
- Addition and Subtraction – a mixture of problems from these two operations.
- Multiplication and Division – a mixture of problems from these two operations.
- All Four Operations – a mixture of problems from all of the operations.
When playing the games using math operations, players have to calculate the answer to the problem before doing any required action. For example, if the problem is 7 + 4, players must come up with the answer, 11, and then slap the table (which is the required action for 11’s). If several numbers have actions assigned to them, players will have to do a lot of calculation, mental association, and even physical movement to play the game!
Slapstack Math for iOS devices: FREE OF CHARGE!
Note: Slapstack Math is a free download from the Apple App Store. It cannot be downloaded directly from APH.
Available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slapstack-math/id1209184917?mt=8
- Age Range:
- 7 and Up