Talking Typer (for iOS devices)
Learn to type or improve your skills with drills, practice lessons, keyboard explorer, and an entertaining game. It is designed for students who are blind and visually impaired, but can be used by typically sighted students too. This makes it a great tool for the whole class. Works with iOS® devices running iOS 9.1 or later. Available with Quota funds!
35 Built-in Lessons
Talking Typer™ for iOS® devices comes with 35 built-in lessons at beginner and advanced levels. Teachers and parents can create new lessons, edit lessons, and assign lessons to individual students or groups. The app saves the results of each drill allowing students, teachers, and parents to monitor improvement.
Hurry Scurry Game
The app also includes the exciting game Hurry Scurry, where students earn points by typing letters before the ball drops. It's fun for all ages and skill levels!
Self-Voicing and Apple® VoiceOver Accessible
The app is both self-voicing and accessible with Apple's VoiceOver. The onboard keyboard of your device can be used with Talking Typer, but an external keyboard is recommended.
The app can also be used with a refreshable braille display, like APH's Refreshabraille 18™ Bluetooth®-enabled device, making it accessible for students who are deafblind as well.
To Order Talking Typer
Individual, Non-Quota Order, from the App Store®: $4.99
Available on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/id992103463
Note: Talking Typer™ for iOS® devices IS available with Quota funds! Click the Additional Product Information link below for Quota ordering instructions. Talknig Typer™ for iOS® devices cannot be directly ordered via shop.aph.org, but can be ordered on Quota using the instructions listed below.
- Age Range:
- 6 and Up
How to Purchase Talking Typer on Quota: Talking Typer for iOS cannot be directly ordered from shop.aph.org, please follow these instructions for Quota ordering:
- Ordering: Ex Officio Trustees can submit a signed Quota order to APH by fax or mail. The order can be for one or more Nearby Explorer licenses. Please provide APH with a contact person's email address or telephone number on your Federal Quota order. Note: At this time, Nearby Explorer cannot be ordered online using Quota funds.
- Receiving: APH will then email you an Apple Content Code for each license that you order. You will also receive a hard copy confirmation of each code printed on the invoice APH mails to you.
- Distribution: EOTs are responsible for distributing Apple Content Codes to those teachers or others in their states who have ordered Nearby Explorer on Quota.
- How to Install: The end user will install by: going to the App Store on his or her iOS device and using the Apple Content Code to download Nearby Explorer: open App Store > select the "Featured" tab > scroll to the bottom of the Featured screen > select "Redeem" > enter the password for the iOS device > follow instructions on Redeem screen.
- Purchase from Apple Using Non-Quota Funds: The option to purchase from the App Store using non-Quota funds is also available.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. The Bluetooth® word and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG Inc. and any such marks by APH are used under license.