Touch 'em All Baseball, Game Kit
The game is easy to learn, and you may change the complexity for different levels of play. You’ll need to be familiar with the basic rules of baseball for counting balls, strikes, and outs; for advancing runners; and for scoring, but you don't need a lot of baseball expertise to enjoy this game.
- A board depicting a baseball field, including the infield, bases, pitcher's mound, and outfield stands, designed for tactual and visual contrast
- Player pieces backed with hook material, to show the placement of runners and fielders
- Two Basic and two Advanced game spinners to indicate the results of pitches and of balls put in play
- An “Umpire Card” for recording balls, strikes, and outs
- A scorecard for keeping track of runs
- Game Rules and Variations (such as tee-ball® and home run contest) in large print and braille
The Teacher's Kit (7-08101-00, sold separately) provides suggestions for using Touch 'em All Baseball with students, not only to teach about baseball but to develop other skills. The Teacher's Guide is provided in large print and as a free download in accessible formats.
This kit includes a set of tactile/print “stick figure” diagrams, which illustrate the motions of pitching and batting along with some of the spatial arrangements that apply in baseball, and suggested physical activities that correspond to the images. For students who show an interest, consider these activities for broadening their appreciation and tying the game into other content areas such as writing and notetaking; math and measurement; probability; and physical education.
WARNING: Choking Hazard -- Small Parts. Not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
- Age Range:
- 8 and Up