O&M Family Booklet Software
Customize a family booklet about your student's Orientation & Mobility and connect with students' families in a whole new way!
O&M Family Booklet from APH is designed for O&M professionals. Let the software do the work for you -- just type or select what you want the family to understand.
- Input your contact information once and use it in other family booklets.
- Introduce yourself to families in the style that fits best for each.
- Invite contact and communication -- with email, cell phone, or personal meetings.
- Explain the meaning and importance of orientation and mobility skills for the student in your own words, with language provided by the software, or a combination of both.
- Show the family the impact of the eye condition and visual functioning on the student's orientation and mobility with:
- Eye conditions and definitions pull-down
- Input fields for relevant functional vision information
- Editable explanations of acuities, fields, visual fluctuations, glare sensitivity, and use of lenses and/or optical devices
- Describe the student's O&M goals for the coming year, mark those skills the student has mastered and indicate those that he or she is working on.
- Offer the family some general ideas about how they can foster the student's independence at home: you can use or edit those already in the software and you can add and save your own.
- Choose specific activities that the family and student can do together -- the software has suggestions from preschool to transition or add and save your own.
- Let the software format and print.
Clip your booklet into a cover and send it on its way!
Download a free demo of O&M Family Booklet from this page: http://tech.aph.org/om_info.htm. Click the Download link at the top of the page. See below to learn how to turn this demo into a full copy of O&M Family Booklet.
RELATED READING LINK: Scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Age Range:
- 4 to 21
Minimum Requirements to Run:
- PC running Windows® 2000, XP, Vista®, or later
- Microsoft Net Framework 2.0
- Internet Explorer® 5.01 or later (7.0 or later recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
Two Ways to Order APH Software Products
- Order the CD-ROM via website, toll-free phone, or mail.
- Purchase the software through Digital Download. Download the demonstration version of the software from our website (http://tech.aph.org/). Then call our toll free number, (1-800-223-1839), and give us your credit card number. Within 24 hours, we will give you a code key that transforms your demo copy of the software into a full copy.
NOTE: Once CD-ROMs have been opened, they may only be returned if they are defective.
Note: This link will navigate you away from the APH shopping site.