Book Port DT - ON SALE
You choose simple or full-featured! An included, removable mask hides all but essential controls, allowing for very simple operation of Book Port DT. Remove the mask, and you can access all features of this amazing player/recorder.
Book Port DT is ideal for reading Digital Talking Books. Unlike the NLS player, you can also record or edit your own material in Digital Talking Book format. Enjoy listening to internet radio or podcasts for education or entertainment.
In addition to the features of the Book Port Plus, the Book Port DT offers:
• National Library Service (NLS) Cartridge slot/USB port
• Large speaker for whole-room sound; built-in microphone
• 2GB of memory to backup & store files
• Wi-Fi and wired internet connections
• Separate buttons for tone, speed, next & previous title, information, and sleep timer
• Removable “mask” simplifies controls
• Bluetooth audio and control support
• High-quality text-to-speech reads computer files
• Additional recording capabilities: Record and edit DAISY 2.x or 3.x
• Online support for DAISY
• Rechargeable battery
• Computer not required, but you may opt to transfer content using your computer
Video: Watch a user-made video overview of Book Port DT.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE
All shipments will incur actual UPS shipping rates based on the destination. Free Matter shipping is not available for this item.
RELATED READING LINK: Scroll to the bottom of this page.
ON SALE! Original price was $449.00. Sale ends June 30, 2017.
What Can I Read on Book Port DT?
- Digital Talking Books from National Library Service (NLS). These books include both downloaded titles and titles sent in the mail on a cartridge.
- Digital Talking Books from Learning Ally. You may download titles from their website and listen with the Book Port Plus, or you may order titles on CD. Note: An optional USB-powered CD-ROM drive, available from commercial vendors, is required to play the CD directly from the Book Port DT.
- Digital Talking Books from www.bookshare.org
- Text-based books from various sites on the internet, for example: www.gutenburg.org
- Books you scan using optical character recognition software
Note: The unit must be authorized through Learning Ally or NLS to play recordings from these organizations. You also need to have an account to use www.bookshare.org You can also download books from the NLS BARD website, see nlsbard.loc.gov
• Book Port DT unit
• Carrying Case
• Rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery (user-replaceable)
• AC adapter with braille label
• CD-ROM containing software, books, and documentation
• FREE BOOK! Audio edition of History in the Making: The Story of the American Printing House for the Blind
• Quick Start Guide
• One-year limited warranty
Book Port DT dimensions: 6.7 x 8.6 x 2.2 inches, weight approx. 2.8 lbs.
Note: This link will navigate you away from the APH shopping site.