Spinner Overlays for the Light Box
Using color, light, movement, and increasing levels of complexity, the Spinner Overlays for the Light Box can be adapted and layered for many different purposes.
Learners diagnosed with CVI are challenged in understanding objects and concepts through use of their vision. The Spinner Overlays for the Light Box are unique in that the parent or teacher may design individualized overlays for each learner. Learners who demonstrate many CVI characteristics generally need a simpler design than learners who demonstrate few atypical visual behaviors.
Customize the overlays by creating patterns with the pre-cut stickers from the collection or with commercially available stickers.
As the learner increases his understanding of two dimensional materials, use the Supplemental Cards to encourage visual discrimination between same and different, to visually recognize a named object, or to encourage a visually guided reach to a target presented on a complex background. Two spinners displayed next to each other on one Light Box is a way to create activities of comparison for color, shape, or size.
Spinner Overlay Collection Includes
- Transparent overlays in six colors
- Patterned overlays in many colors
- Sparkle and holographic overlays in four colors
- Two sizes of four sticker shapes in four colors
- Narrow and wide stickers strips in four colors
- Supplemental cards that are blank or printed with target images that complement the patterned overlays
- Large Print Guidebook
Accessible HTML and BRF versions of guidebook are available at: www.aph.org/manuals/
Use these APH products with the overlay and sticker collection
- Light Box
- Mini-Lite Box
- Plexiglas® Spinners
- Light Box Materials, Level 1