Transition Tote System: Backpack, Revised
This attractive, sturdy backpack is a perfect solution for organizing and transporting equipment and tools used by students and professionals with visual impairments. Developed as part of the revision of the Transition Tote System, this backpack is designed to serve the changing needs of persons with visual impairments as they proceed through middle school, secondary school, transition and vision rehabilitation programs, and into the adult world. This backpack is not only an organizational tool for Transition Tote materials, but also a tool whose functions grow and change as the individual develops.
- Measures 18 x 12 inches
- Durable, water resistant material
- Feet on the bottom ensure that it stands upright
- Top carrying handle
- Shoulder straps are broad, padded, and adjustable
- Roomy front zipper pocket is large enough to hold an 8.5 x 11 inch braille or large print calendar, clipboard, or pad and has the following features:
- Key ring attached by hook/loop material for easy retrieval, use, and storage
- Two pen/marker holders and a stylus/marker holder
- Slate/magnifier pocket
- Zippered change pocket
- Cell phone/PDA pocket with a hook/loop material closure
- Large zippered inner space can hold braille/large print books, a portable video magnification system, or similarly sized items and has the following features:
- Front panel with padded pockets for two smaller and one larger electronic item such as a notetaker, PDA, book reader, pocket video magnifier, or CD player
- Back panel with pockets for storing media such as flash drives, SD and compact flash cards, NLS flash media, and CDs
- Back padded compartment has an adjustable hook/loop material strap to protect a laptop, netbook, reading system, or other large technology.
Shoulder straps can be zipped neatly into a back compartment when the backpack is not being worn.
Note: The Transition Tote Backpack was specifically designed as a light-weight school or workplace backpack for carrying books and technology. The backpack was designed to be functional for all ages, yet be as light as possible for younger students. It is not a heavy-weight backpack designed for outdoor sporting use.