UEB Math Tutorial
Why a UEB Math Tutorial?
APH’s online UEB Math Tutorial informs teachers and students on using UEB for mathematics through online lessons and exercises. And it’s free-of-charge!
A Few Facts
- Future jobs will require an increased emphasis on technical skills
- Technical skills require study in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) disciplines.
- To effectively study STEM content, a student must be able to read and write mathematics.
- The UEB code gives students the tools needed to write and read mathematics
- The UEB Math Tutorial along with the Nemeth Tutorial allows students and teachers to learn and practice Braille mathematics in their preferred Braille code
Each lesson contains four sections
- Reading Exercises
- Writing Exercises
- Proofreading Exercises
Sighted User Features
- Braille displayed with a Unicode font
- Braille can be entered with a standard QWERTY keyboard using six-key entry
- Mathematical expressions are displayed using MathML
Features for Users who are Blind
- Works with existing screen readers on all major platforms
- Supports input and output with Braille Displays
The UEB Math Tutorial is available free-of-charge from APH at https://uebmath.aphtech.org Try it today!
- Age Range:
- 5 and Up