Woodcock-Johnson III NU: Tests of Achievement Braille Adaptation - ON SALE
The American Printing House for the Blind offers this braille/tactile adaptation of the Woodcock-Johnson® III NU: Tests of Achievement (WJ III ACH), one of the most widely used individually administered, diagnostic achievement tests. The WJ III ACH - Braille may be used to assess academic and language achievement, to identify academic strengths and weaknesses, to plan interventions and accommodations, and to monitor long-term progress.
Compuscore® & Profiles Program
In order to incorporate the extensive adaptations into the scoring procedures, The Woodcock-Muñoz Foundation programmed and contributed the WJ III NU Tests of Achievement, Braille Adaptation, Compuscore & Profiles Program.
- Standard Battery
- Oral Language Comprehension
- Phoneme-Grapheme Knowledge
- Brief Reading
- Basic Reading Skills
- Brief Math
- Math Reasoning
- Brief Achievement
- Academic Skills
- Extended Battery
- Total Oral Language - Braille
- Phonemic Awareness - Braille
- Broad Reading
- Reading Comprehension
- Total Reading
- Broad Math
- Math Calculation Skills
- Basic Writing Skills
- Intra-Reading Variations
- Intra-Academic Variations
- Total Oral Language – Braille Discrepancies
Variations and Discrepancy Procedures
Note: The CompuScore & Profiles Program CD requires Windows® XP, Vista, 7.0, or later. The Braille Adaptation CD does not have a Mac® version.
Note: In order to administer the Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement, Braille Edition, you must have training in administration of the Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement. See Additional product information below.
On Sale! Original price: $364.00. Available while supplies last!
- Supplementary Manual: A supplement to the WJ III ACH Examiner’s Manual (Mather & Woodcock). Contains information re: examiner qualifications, adaptations to the print test and rationale, organization of tests and clusters, administration and scoring procedures, extension testing, cautions regarding use of scores, and interpretation of tests and clusters.
- Examiner’s Test Books (Standard and Extended Batteries).
- Examinee’s Test Book: Test stimuli in braille.
- Examiner’s Test Records (10-pack).
- WJ III NU Tests of Achievement: Braille Adaptation Compuscore & Profiles Program CD.
- Floppy Braille Binders for organizing the braille test pages.
- Pre-printed tabs for locating tests quickly.
- APH Innovations Tote.
Note:The following items are required for administering the WJ III ACH - Braille and are not included in the kit:
- WJ III ACH audio CD (for all recorded tests except Sound Blending)
- WJ III Diagnostic Reading Battery audio CD or WJ III Test of Cognitive Abilities audio CD (for Sound Blending)
Available from Riverside Publishing, 800-323-9540, www.riverpub.com
The examiner qualifications for the WJ III ACH – Braille have been informed by the joint Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing http://www.riverpub.com/products/examiner_qualifications.html#wjIIIach. Any person administering the WJ III ACH - Braille needs thorough knowledge of the exact administration and scoring procedures and an understanding of the importance of adhering to these standardized procedures. Competent interpretation requires graduate-level training in educational assessment and a background in diagnostic decision-making are recommended.
Examiners of braille readers should be fluent in reading both Literary Braille and Nemeth Braille code. Alternatively, the tests may be administered by an otherwise qualified examiner with assistance from an ancillary examiner who has these competencies. Primary examiners of the WJ III ACH - Braille should also be qualified and competent in administering the WJ III ACH to sighted subjects and in interpreting the test results.